Skip to main content

Posts

McCall's 6078- TNT

Recent posts

TNT-Butterick 5941- Take II

This is the second version of B-5941. I wrote a post here concerning this B-5941; this is my second version. I wore the pants with the top to work and it was comfortable to work, easy to get on and off. After a 13-hour day the pants was tooo big in the hip, so I will remove a total of 2-inches from the side seam. Fabric: the fabric was a two-way stretch that was in my stash. Construction details can be read in my previous post here. Alterations: 1.2-inches total will be removed from the hip tapering to nothing at the knee. 2.½ will be remove from the crotch depth 3.I will create two copies of the pattern; one for a 4-way stretch fabric, and a second for a 2-way stretch fabric. This may seem like too much work, however, for me and the way my brain function it's perfect.

Butterick 6419 and 5941

My DD attended a spring fling event on April 21. The color for the event was blue, anything blue. She asked me to sew a blouse in blue with a large bow at the neck and palazzo’s pant in silver. She Choose Butterick 6419. I started with pant, the fabric was bought at Joann’s for 19.99/yd. Thank heavens for 50% coupon; I bought 3 yds. There is enough left over to make a blouse. I use my TNT pants (Butterick5941) made a muslin, extended the front crotch length and tweak the fit in the hips. I use the muslin as the pattern to cut the fashion fabric. The fabric took me out of my comfort zone, because of the appearance on the right side (liquid silver) , however, it was a knit and it sewed like butterrrrr. Next was the blouse; I did a muslin, there was minor adjustments in the back because of her narrow back and a swayback. I did not do a swayback adjustment in the muslin, instead I did the adjustment on the fashion fabric when I sewed the center back seam (I learned the technique in a class…

Butterick 5941-TNT

Hello All, This pant was sewn the beginning of March and I posted it on my Facebook page. I sewed the muslin in 2013 and put it away, I don't remember the exact reason why I walked away from it. Anyway, I joined Build Your Wardrobe 2017 Sew A Long and the first garment to sew was a fly front pant. Lucky, for me I had the pattern. However, I remembered that I had a muslin done for Butterick 5941 and I decided to use the muslin as a starting point. I tried the muslin on was satisfied and I use the muslin to cut the fashion fabric. During the construction of the pant I decided not to bother with the fly front zipper because it was not my preferred style of pant. The fabric was a 4-way stretch and I finished the waist with a yoga style waist band. I wore it to work an realize the front crutch was too long. 1-inch was removed from the center front tapering to nothing at the side seam and I made a second pants post alteration. Pics coming soon!


Hello & Happy Spring

Hello Friends,
It has been a few months since my last post. Today is a beautiful day and spring is in the air. Since my last post I made a pair of pant and I was happy with the fit. I need to make a few minor adjustment before I sew another pair. I will post about it as soon I am finish working on my next pair of pants.

Merry Christmas

Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas and a Healthy, Safe and Prosperous New Year.

Done Burda 6727- The Coat

Hello,
The Amazing Coat Sew Along- The Wearable Muslin I started this coat (wearable muslin) last year as part of the Amazing Coat Sew Along. In the end I got sick with the flu and was unable to meet the deadline. The coat was done, all that was left to do was to hem the coat, add snaps and large button. The alterations to the pattern was documented in my previous post about the coat. Thanks to my sewing sister I worked on the coat last weekend and completed it. I had to wait for my new photographer (daughter) because the hobby was fired. I did a forward thrust shoulder adjustment, and I did not rotate the sleeves cap. The folds in the sleeves were a result of not rotating the sleeves cap. the biceps need mores ease.The armholes were lowered, as you can see I need to adjust the armholes a bit more. This is a great pattern,  I will adjust the pattern because I am planning to make another coat in the near future. 
Even though the coat is a test garment (muslin) I am going to wear it until t…