Skip to main content

Back to Swap

Simplicity 7097





I drafted my skirt sloper and I used simplicity 7097 as my skirt pattern. I used my sloper to check the pattern and brought it in line with my sloper. The darts on the pattern were left intact and I transferred the position of the dart unto my sloper. I made two skirts from this basic pattern.

Here is a photo of my basic skirt sloper




I have 2 more skirts to sew to complete the first phase of my swap. Although I think i am going to do 6 skirts . Anyway I decided to sew Simplicity 7097 view D and E. This pattern has been in my collection for a couple of years.

For view D I used my basic skirt pattern and trace the curve line off the simplicity pattern. Done

View E was a little more work. Again I used my sloper to make needed adjustments on the paper pattern. Here are photos

This photo shows the back pattern as one large piece




This view has a side zipper. I prefer the zipper in the center back. I am using my sloper to find the center back, correct the fit and adjust the placement of the zipper. This is the right back



This is the left back view. The same correction and adjustments are being done on the left back.
This skirt has an asymmetrical hem. The red line on the pattern is the center back line I drew to separate the pattern.



This is the finished pattern. The back skirt has a right and left side. The seam is down the center back, and this is where i will insert the zipper. The hem is asymmetrical


This is the end result of the front skirt. There was not much to do here. I only adjusted the placement of the dart on the pattern. My patterns were cut out on poster board, this make it easy to use chalk and trace it on the fabric then add seam allowances. I am planning to hand baste the sewing line, sea allowance and darts. I saw the technique on sewing divas blog. Next post will be pictures of the skirts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TNT Blouse and Skirt

Hello, I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday weekend. Below is a skirt and blouse I sewed two weeks ago from my  TNT patterns. Last year I blogged about it here.  I have not worn the ensemble yet, I am waiting for my hubby to be in the mood to take my photos.
Later.....

Done Burda 6727- The Coat

Hello,
The Amazing Coat Sew Along- The Wearable Muslin I started this coat (wearable muslin) last year as part of the Amazing Coat Sew Along. In the end I got sick with the flu and was unable to meet the deadline. The coat was done, all that was left to do was to hem the coat, add snaps and large button. The alterations to the pattern was documented in my previous post about the coat. Thanks to my sewing sister I worked on the coat last weekend and completed it. I had to wait for my new photographer (daughter) because the hobby was fired. I did a forward thrust shoulder adjustment, and I did not rotate the sleeves cap. The folds in the sleeves were a result of not rotating the sleeves cap. the biceps need mores ease.The armholes were lowered, as you can see I need to adjust the armholes a bit more. This is a great pattern,  I will adjust the pattern because I am planning to make another coat in the near future. 
Even though the coat is a test garment (muslin) I am going to wear it until t…

Butterick 6419 and 5941

My DD attended a spring fling event on April 21. The color for the event was blue, anything blue. She asked me to sew a blouse in blue with a large bow at the neck and palazzo’s pant in silver. She Choose Butterick 6419. I started with pant, the fabric was bought at Joann’s for 19.99/yd. Thank heavens for 50% coupon; I bought 3 yds. There is enough left over to make a blouse. I use my TNT pants (Butterick5941) made a muslin, extended the front crotch length and tweak the fit in the hips. I use the muslin as the pattern to cut the fashion fabric. The fabric took me out of my comfort zone, because of the appearance on the right side (liquid silver) , however, it was a knit and it sewed like butterrrrr. Next was the blouse; I did a muslin, there was minor adjustments in the back because of her narrow back and a swayback. I did not do a swayback adjustment in the muslin, instead I did the adjustment on the fashion fabric when I sewed the center back seam (I learned the technique in a class…