2008 Sewing Resolutions
Every Blog I read, sewers are mapping out their sewing plans and resolutions for 2008. In fact Diary of a Sewing Fanatic is forging ahead with her sewing plans. I am inspired by my sewing family and after reading so many resolutions I put together a few of my goals for 2008 as well.
It tooked a lot of thinking and commitment on my part to come up with this list, so here I go:
1. Sew with a Plan- . After reading Faye’s sewing adventure blog, I decide to make my swap 3-4 garments at a time
2. Don’t buy any more fabrics unless I can do the following: a) have a plan in mind b) if I don’t have a plan and I buy the fabric, then I must give away a fabric from my collection, c) any fabric I buy this year can only stay in my collection for 1 year, otherwise I must give it away. I will explain at another time. I have been collecting fabrics since 1978.
3. Sew consistently. It does not matter if its home decorating projects, quilts or clothing, just sew consistently
4. Don’t shy away from challenging projects. Will explain in another post
5. Continue to organize my fabric stash opps! Errr collection (sorry Carolyn) lol, fabrics, notions and patterns. This is an ongoing project. I will continue to work on these projects, however the difference this year is that I would not waist time re-organizing the same areas
6. Streamline my pattern collection. This collection dates back to 1978
7. Improve my pattern drafting skills
8. Organize my sewing library- I have an extensive sewing library. I will only buy books that compliment my existing library LOLllllllllllll.
9. Organize my sewing laboratory (basement). Keep my sewing area neat and orderly by cleaning up and putting patterns away between projects
10. Meet me a sewing buddy. I will like to be able to go shopping, meet for lunch etccccc
11. I will like to take a scrapbooking class.
Done, as you can read I have an extensive resolution list.
One more thing this list is subject to change.
Where have I been since my last post? Dealing with life, family health issues, death and grief. That sums it up short and sweet. For t...
This is the sleeveless version of my TNT cowl neck blouse(TNT/CNB). I compared my TNT/CNB to McCall's 6078 and made minimal adjustment. ...
Once a year I enjoy going to Barnes & Noble and spending time in the Annex section of the store. Not all Barnes & Noble have an A...