Two comments were made about my last post. The first one was from "DURAN" instructing me to click on a link and the second one was from my dear friend Paco Peralta.
Of course i read Paco's comment first and thank God I did. Paco told me not to open the "Duran" comment because it probably contained a virus. Also he said that this week several bloggs that he knows received the same message. So Thank you Paco so very much.
To all the folk who take the time to visit my blog, please be careful and pay attention don't click on a link if you are not familiar with the blogger or the IDIOT who has nothing else to do than to try and mess up a good thing.
Below are the two largest pattern pieces. I decide to use the Zapp Method of Couture sewing to do the alterations. The pic below is the back pattern with reference lines drawn. The upper back, chest, bust, waist and hips This is the front. I joined the front piece to the front of the pattern in order to checked the front pattern as one piece. I located the same points on the front as I did on the back in addition to the bust point. Here is my daughter wearing the muslin. I need to make some adjustments. That's all for now. I really need to make a duct tape mold of her.
I am getting ready to work on this pattern. The fabric looks blue, however it is purple. Is cotton with polyester or rayon. It is from my extensive collection of fabrics. I am using a size K5 ( 8-16)Right now I am working on checking the pattern for alteration. I am using the Zapp Method of Couture Sewing as one of my referance guide. I started by tracing the pattern onto wax paper. I have so much wax paper I don't know what else to use it for. I check the lenght and added about 5 inches. My daughter wasnts it below her full hips. Next i check the neckline, shoulder seam, shoulder to shoulder, back, bust, high and low waist, hip. She is a size 8 in her shoulder lenght and shoulder to shoulder measurement, everything else she is basically a size 16. Her bust point on the pattern seems to be ok, but when i pin fit the pattern her bust point seems to be higher. The bust darts are off and need correction. Will post more when i done with the muslin
In keeping with my 2008 New Year Resolutions of only buying books that are absolutely necesary to complement my extensive sewing library,I bought this book on e-bay. Many bloggers wrote about this book. I went on e-bay and i decided not to bid on this book because the seller was located in Japan. In fact i dont bid on anything that is located outside the United States because of the shipping cost. Sew Intriguing wrote about her experience buyig this book on Amazon Japan. She's happy with the book, and unhappy with the cost of shipping and handling. Just imagine my delight when i found this book on e-bay and the seller lives in the United States. Of course it was imperative that i bid on this book and the rest is historyyyyyy
Thank you Cenetta, Paco and Sew Love for your comments.
Paco, much love to you and thank for your suggestions. Cenetta, Thank you for your word of encouragement. Sew Love, thank you for your comment. You are absolutely right, the front darts are too high, I am going to lower it by 1-inch. As far as getting any help, the only help i have is the advice of internet bloggers like you and Paco. Also last September I took a pattern drafting class and i learned to draft a basic bodice and skirt. I also took a fitting class in 2001. This class taught me how to fit a basic fitting pattern. So i am using my sewing experience, advice, and sewing books and internet articles about fitting.
Although fitting a basic bodice shell is time consuming to get it right, especially when you have a swayback and sloping shoulders its worth the effort because i can then draft other styles from this basic sloper or i can use the sloper to do quick alterations on commercial patterns.
I know i wrote in my previous post that i was going to take a break from my sloper. However, i decided to hand baste it and give it another try and what do you know, i think i got it. I need to make minor adjustments such as adding another3/4-inch seam allowance to the back, since i used 3/4 inch of the 1 inch seam allowance. My swayback literaly used up that seam allownce in addition to my upper back. Mmmmm, that's a change. I did a basic shell (full dress) in 2001, but it is too large due to a 20 pounds weight loss. Anyway here is the result of more fine tuning.
Well i am taking a break from working on my bodice sloper. My goddaughter's baby shower is March 1. The colors are pastel. I am making aprons for the ladies whom will be serving the food. I bought beautiful cotton fabrics in pastel colors. One of the fabrics i bought 3 yds to make bias binding. This fabric is bright and colorfull and it has all the pastel colors. So i think it will tie all the aprons together. I am sewing one of each color: blue, lavender, yellow, pink, two shades of green and white. My plan is to draft the apron pattern tonight or tomorow, make the bis binding on friday night and sew all the aprons on Saturday. Then next week I am planning to sew a beautifull shirt for my daughter for her to wear to the shower.
Muslin #1 To muslin #4 This has been a lot of work. Because of my swayback it took a lot of time and energy. I don't know what i would have done without my "hubby" , he patienly pin and unpin, take my photos etc. Today is my daughter's turn.
Being Thankful- I don't know wht i would do without my hubby. He patiently pin and unpin my muslin and takes my photos. Soooo, simce today is Super Bowl I decided to fix one of his favorite meals- Salmom in Lemon and Butter Sauce with vegetables and rice. Later when super bowl starts i am going to make some Maddddd fried chicken and fries with cake and ice cream. Oh well the thing you do for your family.