Sunday, March 30, 2008
The neck band was completed last night. It tooked 3 attempts to get it right because once the band was applied , i notice folds around the front curve of the neckline. I removed 1/4-1/2 from that area and "walla" the problem was solve, however i had to cut the neckband a little longer because the neck curve became deeper. Once sewn the neckband fit was a little loose. The style of the neckband was called "Nehru" when i was a teenager. It is the same kind of neckband that you see mostly in Chinese and Indian style garments. Next is the sleeve. I cut the sleeve out of muslin first and hand sewed it to the blouse. I will have my daughter try it on later. Hopefully, this blouse will be finished this week.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Work in progress. From the line drawing it appears to be a very simple and easy to sew pattern. However, for someone who has a narrow upper back, a deep swayback, small upper bust, full busted,small waist and lots of hips, this pattern is a challenge to get the fit right. I have an extensive sewing library, and the books that was the most helpful was "The Perfect Fit, The Zapp Mehtod of Couture and the Bishop Method of Sewing". When it came to making a swayback corrections, none of the suggestion giving help me. In fact i made 5 muslins until, i saw a burda blouse that was very similar to simplicity 3684, on a blog ( sorry i don't remember the blogger's name). The center back had a seam line and from the pictures i could tell that the sewer had a swayback. So,I made changes to the center back. The center was cut on the fold, i redrafted the pattern and cut a seam line down the middle. This is how i was able to correct her swayback. I also made a change in the fron, I eliminated the extra piece that was attached to the front edge. Unfortunately you cannot see the curve seam line ( bib detail). Here my dress form is loopsided. Hopefully the blouse will be completed on my next post
My DD attended a spring fling event on April 21. The color for the event was blue, anything blue. She asked me to sew a blouse in blue ...
This is the sleeveless version of my TNT cowl neck blouse(TNT/CNB). I compared my TNT/CNB to McCall's 6078 and made minimal adjustment. ...
Hello All, This pant was sewn the beginning of March and I posted it on my Facebook page. I sewed the muslin in 2013 and put it away, I don&...