Sunday, March 30, 2008

Simplicity 3684 Part IV

The neck band was completed last night. It tooked 3 attempts to get it right because once the band was applied , i notice folds around the front curve of the neckline. I removed 1/4-1/2 from that area and "walla" the problem was solve, however i had to cut the neckband a little longer because the neck curve became deeper. Once sewn the neckband fit was a little loose. The style of the neckband was called "Nehru" when i was a teenager. It is the same kind of neckband that you see mostly in Chinese and Indian style garments. Next is the sleeve. I cut the sleeve out of muslin first and hand sewed it to the blouse. I will have my daughter try it on later. Hopefully, this blouse will be finished this week.

1 comment:

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Alethia, ya me quedo con ganas de ver el resultado de la blusa para tu hija. Hacia días que no escuchaba esta palabra : cuello "Nerhu", aquí también lo llamamos cuello "Mao". Te deseo mucho exito en este proyecto para tu hija. Un fuerte abrazo para tí y saludos a tu familia. Paco

M 8791 Childhood Friend Birthday Dress