I am feeling very blue right now. WHY? not enough time to sew. Why I don't have enough time to sew?
Well, I decided to do a time study to see why and here are results:
1. I spent most of my free time on E-bay, buying patterns and magazines at Jo-Ann, reading you guys blogs and surfing the Internet
2. I am overwhelmed by the large number of unfinished projects I have sitting around
3. I sew for my home; my daughter; and myself. In addition I love to sew quilts and i just don't have the time to do it all
4. I have a full time job that requires a 2-hour ( beack & forth) commute to the office. Thank God I am only required to be in the office for report writing and meetings. However, there are times when I must be in the office for a week.
What can I do to make my free time more productive?
Well for starters I need to:
1. Drastically cut back on the time i spend on E-bay , surfing the Internet ( except for reading you guys blogs)and at Jo-Ann Fabrics
2. Monitor my time so that I can set realistic goals and deadlines
3. Plan my sewing in blocks of time, instead of waiting for a large chunk of time
The moral of the lesson: The responsibility of a job and family life can become overwhelming at times. Therefore, its better to plan and sew in small increments of time. Some sewing is better than "NO" sewing. What is your opinion?
Where have I been since my last post? Dealing with life, family health issues, death and grief. That sums it up short and sweet. For t...
My DD attended a spring fling event on April 21. The color for the event was blue, anything blue. She asked me to sew a blouse in blue ...
This is the sleeveless version of my TNT cowl neck blouse(TNT/CNB). I compared my TNT/CNB to McCall's 6078 and made minimal adjustment. ...