I am still working on my pants TNT. As I said in my previous post the fit of the pants in the back is ok. It is the front that I am not happy with because there is too much fabric starting just above the bottom of the front dart to about 6 inches below the dart.
I have a binder with tons of articles dedicated to sewing pants. I found an article by Joyce Murphy " how to remove excess fabrics from the front of a pant.
According to Joyce if there is fullness below the dart it means that the size of the dart is too large for your body shape. A smaller dart will be better. So I decrease the size of the dart and remove 1/2-inch from the center front tapering it to the crotch.
Muslin # 4 much improved. I am happy with the results. I still need to tweak it a little more. Hopefully I will have a photos on my next post.
This is my last skirt in the Carnival Of Skirts series. Enjoy.
Hello, Last night I had a great conversation with my sewing sister. She is not only my sewing sister, she is a friend. We spoke about t...
Yesterday I met the fabulous Sheila and Rosie. Sheila and I met in Manhattan, NY and later on we went to Rosie's home for lunch. Rosie ...