I am getting physical therapy for my injured right shoulder. So working on my pants has been a very slow process.
Below is muslin #5. This was the results of the last changes Kenneth King made to my pants pattern. As you can see there was still some fullness in the back leg.
Below is another view
Here I attempted to remove more of the fullness from the back pant leg and in the process I threw the grain line off. I did not add the amount I remove to the side seams, therefore the front side seam was pulled to the back. Needless to say it went downhill from here
The lesson learned here was: instead of trying to remove more fabric, I should have made another muslin out of a fabric that is similar to the actual fabric I plan to use and tweak it. That was Kenneth's last advice to me. That is why is the master.
I went back to the beginning reading as many resources as I could and using what I learned from the class. I started with a clean slate and added reference line to the original pattern. These lines will make it easier for me make changes without altering the grain line.
Please forgive the wrinkles. I took this photo at the end of a twelve hour work day. This is the second version of Simplicity 8738 . My i...
Hello, it has been a minute since my last post. All is well and 2019 is a blur, it flew by and before I knew what hit me, here we are in 202...
I read Omega’s post at sewhooked.blogspot.com/ regarding her sewing plans for the New Year; that got me thinking about my accomplishments ...