Skip to main content

Skirts- A Love Affair Part-2




























I forgot to do a pattern review when I posted earlier.

Pattern: Self drafted, TNT pattern. The black and purple skirts are straight skirts. The hound tooth was my version of a pencil skirt.

Fabrics: Black suiting fabric from my stash
Purple print- decorator fabric I bought at the fabricwarehouse in Belleville, NJ
Hound tooth fabric- was a size 3x skirt that was giving to me 3-years.
Lining fabric- green batiste from Metro Textiles ( $1.00/yd) black and purple batiste
from my stash.
Other Stats: 8 inch centered zipper, fully lined skirts. The hound tooth skirt I made bias binding and sewed it to the waist, the black and purple skirt were finished with a peter sham waist treatment.
Later....

Comments

Sheila said…
You look great and like the belt with the skirts.
Sewtellme said…
Cool skirs, love the belt, it's a great way to accentuate your tiny waist. Work it!
Faye Lewis said…
Quite a skirt wardrobe - I really like it.
alethia said…
Thank you ladies. As you can see I love skirtssssssssss. MMM Ms Faye how about a month of skirts? Just kidding.
Sheila said…
You look great and like the belt with the outfits. Yeah Ms. Faye what about a skirt sew along... I could use a few... I'm serious...lol
Sew Shy said…
Hey, a month of skirts might not be a bad idea! I'm jealous - I can't wait till I can get the fit down on a pencil skirt and sew up a bunch for myself. Yours look great.
Cennetta said…
Love your affair with skirts. You are inspiring me to have one too. Tee Hee. Looking good, lady.

Popular posts from this blog

TNT Blouse and Skirt

Hello, I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday weekend. Below is a skirt and blouse I sewed two weeks ago from my  TNT patterns. Last year I blogged about it here.  I have not worn the ensemble yet, I am waiting for my hubby to be in the mood to take my photos.
Later.....

Done Burda 6727- The Coat

Hello,
The Amazing Coat Sew Along- The Wearable Muslin I started this coat (wearable muslin) last year as part of the Amazing Coat Sew Along. In the end I got sick with the flu and was unable to meet the deadline. The coat was done, all that was left to do was to hem the coat, add snaps and large button. The alterations to the pattern was documented in my previous post about the coat. Thanks to my sewing sister I worked on the coat last weekend and completed it. I had to wait for my new photographer (daughter) because the hobby was fired. I did a forward thrust shoulder adjustment, and I did not rotate the sleeves cap. The folds in the sleeves were a result of not rotating the sleeves cap. the biceps need mores ease.The armholes were lowered, as you can see I need to adjust the armholes a bit more. This is a great pattern,  I will adjust the pattern because I am planning to make another coat in the near future. 
Even though the coat is a test garment (muslin) I am going to wear it until t…

Butterick 6419 and 5941

My DD attended a spring fling event on April 21. The color for the event was blue, anything blue. She asked me to sew a blouse in blue with a large bow at the neck and palazzo’s pant in silver. She Choose Butterick 6419. I started with pant, the fabric was bought at Joann’s for 19.99/yd. Thank heavens for 50% coupon; I bought 3 yds. There is enough left over to make a blouse. I use my TNT pants (Butterick5941) made a muslin, extended the front crotch length and tweak the fit in the hips. I use the muslin as the pattern to cut the fashion fabric. The fabric took me out of my comfort zone, because of the appearance on the right side (liquid silver) , however, it was a knit and it sewed like butterrrrr. Next was the blouse; I did a muslin, there was minor adjustments in the back because of her narrow back and a swayback. I did not do a swayback adjustment in the muslin, instead I did the adjustment on the fashion fabric when I sewed the center back seam (I learned the technique in a class…