Saturday, October 31, 2009

Free Patterns

Free patterns. If you are interested send me an e-mail. Please write " free patterns in the subject box. The winner get it all.





























Wednesday, October 28, 2009

This Is It- Gone Too Soon




http://www.telegraph.co.uk has a great review of the Master " Michael Jackson".
This was 2-hours of the creative genius at work. I grew up with Michael's music and he's gone too soon.

This documentary gives the public an opportunity to see the master in action; also he was such a fashion icon. In the rehearsal he wore a black leather jacket with exaggerated shoulders, just beautiful!

In my opinion he was an American treasure; Yes he was imperfect, hey who isn't?

All I know is that He's gone too soon!

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Window Treatments



This was a great project. Now back to my pants muslin.

Pants 2 of 4 (posting 2)

In my last post I wrote about removing too much fullness from the back pant leg inseam and not adding what was removed to the hip area. Consequently the front side seam was pulled to the back and the grain line became distorted. See the image below:

This is the view from the back ( I went to the mall last week to buy pants for work. I wish I had someone with me to take pic of the fit. There was no problem with the front, however the back was horrible. It look exactly as the photo below).


Sometimes you have to walk away. This is going to take some time but I am going to get pants that I can live with. I also realize that the changes in my body are part of the problem. Back to the drawing board

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pants 2 of 4

I am getting physical therapy for my injured right shoulder. So working on my pants has been a very slow process.
Below is muslin #5. This was the results of the last changes Kenneth King made to my pants pattern. As you can see there was still some fullness in the back leg.


Below is another view



Here I attempted to remove more of the fullness from the back pant leg and in the process I threw the grain line off. I did not add the amount I remove to the side seams, therefore the front side seam was pulled to the back. Needless to say it went downhill from here

The lesson learned here was: instead of trying to remove more fabric, I should have made another muslin out of a fabric that is similar to the actual fabric I plan to use and tweak it. That was Kenneth's last advice to me. That is why is the master.

I went back to the beginning reading as many resources as I could and using what I learned from the class. I started with a clean slate and added reference line to the original pattern. These lines will make it easier for me make changes without altering the grain line.

More later