I found the jacket muslin. I worked on it for most the day yesterday until 9:00pm last night.
I don't understand why when you solve one fitting issues another one appears. Oh well... I had gaposis in the armhole area. I remove 3/4' from the shoulder tapering to nothing at the neckline, it helped but did not remove all of the fullness. I made a dart in the armhole area to remove the balance of the fullness, then I transferred from the muslin to the paper pattern.
When you make a change to the pattern sometimes it distorts the shape of the paper pattern. You have to re-draft the distorted area. Another issue that I had was fullness within the pattern. I had the privilege to attend a class with Susan Khalje and Kenneth King. I worked mostly with Kenneth, and all the problem I encountered with this jacket I and how to solve each one was taught to me by Kenneth.
I don't know about you guys, but I am a visual person, once I see either via video or personal demonstration I stays recorded in my memory. Kenneth is doing a whole series in Thread's magazine regarding fitting issues. PLEASE check it out and save and guard the instructions with your sewing life..LOLLLLLL
I took detailed pictures of this process and once the jacket is done I will write a post explaining the process.
Next: fitting the sleeves. Thank you Faye for sharing how to remove ease from the sleeve cap.
Next week Vogue patterns go on sale for 5.99 at JoAnn. The patterns went from 3.99, 4.99 and 5.99 effective September 23. I don’t like the...
December 2008 I saw a quilting video by Jackie Wills on You Tube. The video was about a hexagon Christmas quilt. Two months later I bought...
One of my dearest childhood friends celebrated her birthday last weekend. Prior to the celebration she asked five childhood friends to wea...