Sunday, May 23, 2010

Butterick- 5039


Here is the cropped jacket I started working on in April. Unfortunately my sewing time has been very limited because life tends to get in the way. After completing the previous jacket I tweak the pattern by adding 3-inches to the bicep and added bust darts. A musling was made and it revealed that the back darts were optional because the length of the jacket was above my waist. I am happy with the fit except for the front armhole and the sleeves. The front armhole needs tweaking. I am stump on this one



This is the skirt I am working on I am using the same pattern I used for the polka dots skirt
One last word of advice don't work with plaids and stripes when you are tired and read your pattern notes carefully. Lucky me I had 4-yds of this fabrics.

America, Happy Birthdate