I wrote about this pattern here; then the holidays came and I put the project aside. I started working on the pattern in March, and instead of picking up where I left off, for some unknown reason I started new muslin. This is a bad and frustrating habit of mine and it’s the reason why I am not productive. I have a sewing dairy with photos and notes, after reviewing the dairy I realize that many of the muslin I’ve made fit my body well; however I have a problem with perfectionism when it comes to sewing and instead of working with a muslin that have an acceptable fit; I try to perfect a muslin that don’t need to be perfected and instead I waist a lot of time, and become frustrated. New Look was a perfect example. I had an acceptable muslin here instead I decided that I wanted a center back zipper and made a mess of the whole thing. After much work I am happy with the fit. My biggest problem was fitting the back pattern due to a swayback, short upper back, a narrow back and too much fullness in the pattern. Below is the result Next I going to sew this up in fabric.
Yesterday I met the fabulous Sheila and Rosie. Sheila and I met in Manhattan, NY and later on we went to Rosie's home for lunch. Rosie ...
This is my last skirt in the Carnival Of Skirts series. Enjoy.
The jacket is doneeeeeee . I spent a lot of time on this jacket and made a lot of mistakes and learned a lot. The most important lesson I...