Hello everyone. I have been an absent blogger; however I have been keeping up with everyone blogs. I read your postings couple times a week. Let's see where do I start
1. I added probable 100yds or more of fabric to my overloaded fabric stash.
2. My Janome sewing machine is acting up. The machine is nine years and 9 months old. I love the way it sews, so I will take it to the sewing machine doctor this week.
3. I can't figure out how to thread my 1929 Singer, the stitches are off and it sews so smooth and quiet. I bought a cheap Singer for $80.00 just so I could finish my project. Let me tell, I am going to give the machine away, I am not going to try to sell it. It is so light and after sewing on my Janome sewing on that cheap Martha Stewart Singer is like taking a step back into the dark ages. The Singer is great for a young kid who is just learning to sew. The machine is cheap plastic.
4. I have been watching quilt shows on line. I love to make scrap quilts.
5. I have been sewing, I think I finally figured out how to get some sewing done. It called " to hell with housework and cooking" and you know what I like it.
6. I had enough of my cheap Polaroid camera, I am tired of having to refocus the camera after taking a few pic. I bought Nikon digital camera. Pictures of sewing project will be shown on my next post.
Monday, July 4, 2011
This is a photo of my girlfriend and I. We attended a wedding yesterday July 3. It was at the Liberty Marina in Liberty State Park. It was spectacular. The bride gown was simple, elegant and vintage. The bride maids wore cocktail length dresses made of chiffon with cascading layer in eggplant and the maid of honor wore the same style dress in a soft lavender. It was a sad and at the same time a beautiful affair. It was sad because the bride's mother died a year and half ago and she was a special person and a friend. The ceremony was simple and beautiful and the cocktail hour was fabulous. The weeding reception was a blast. My knees hurt from dancing. The dress is a simple black strapless dress embroidered with silk ribbon. I bought the dress six years ago because I was planning to attend a wedding in the Bahamas. Well in the end I did not go to the Bahamas for the wedding and this dress hang in my closet until yesterday. Well I wanted to write this post before going to bed. it is 2am folks time to take this dress off and go to sleep. Have a wonderful 4th of July.
Where have I been since my last post? Dealing with life, family health issues, death and grief. That sums it up short and sweet. For t...
Once a year I enjoy going to Barnes & Noble and spending time in the Annex section of the store. Not all Barnes & Noble have an A...
Last October 2017 my daughter chose a strapless top with a peplum, tulle skirt and a cape to wear to her organization spring...