Skip to main content

Maxi Dress , Vacation & More



I bought this fabric in Manhattan when I met the sewing divas Rachelle, Sheila , and Rosie.
I knew i wanted to make a maxi dress for my daughter using mimi's maxi dress tutorial; it was super easy. I hope to make two more before leaving to go on vacation with my family next week.
Update- my son graduated from high school last Thursday and it has been non-stop with celebrations.
Going on vacay next week to meet up with family and more celebrations to follow.
Once I am back from vacay- then college preparation for my baby- he will staying on campus. I just don't know where the time went.

Comments

MAD14kt said…
This is so CUTE!!!
Sewtellme said…
Super cute! I WANT that fabric.
alethia said…
Thank You Mad, Carla and Sewtellme, it was super easy and I alredy made another one.
Opal said…
So pretty. I want one.
alethia said…
Thanks Opal, it was very easy.
Rosie said…
Love the dress! You ladies bartered with Osman and it was worth it. Have a great vacation!

Popular posts from this blog

TNT Blouse and Skirt

Hello, I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday weekend. Below is a skirt and blouse I sewed two weeks ago from my  TNT patterns. Last year I blogged about it here.  I have not worn the ensemble yet, I am waiting for my hubby to be in the mood to take my photos.
Later.....

Done Burda 6727- The Coat

Hello,
The Amazing Coat Sew Along- The Wearable Muslin I started this coat (wearable muslin) last year as part of the Amazing Coat Sew Along. In the end I got sick with the flu and was unable to meet the deadline. The coat was done, all that was left to do was to hem the coat, add snaps and large button. The alterations to the pattern was documented in my previous post about the coat. Thanks to my sewing sister I worked on the coat last weekend and completed it. I had to wait for my new photographer (daughter) because the hobby was fired. I did a forward thrust shoulder adjustment, and I did not rotate the sleeves cap. The folds in the sleeves were a result of not rotating the sleeves cap. the biceps need mores ease.The armholes were lowered, as you can see I need to adjust the armholes a bit more. This is a great pattern,  I will adjust the pattern because I am planning to make another coat in the near future. 
Even though the coat is a test garment (muslin) I am going to wear it until t…

Butterick 6419 and 5941

My DD attended a spring fling event on April 21. The color for the event was blue, anything blue. She asked me to sew a blouse in blue with a large bow at the neck and palazzo’s pant in silver. She Choose Butterick 6419. I started with pant, the fabric was bought at Joann’s for 19.99/yd. Thank heavens for 50% coupon; I bought 3 yds. There is enough left over to make a blouse. I use my TNT pants (Butterick5941) made a muslin, extended the front crotch length and tweak the fit in the hips. I use the muslin as the pattern to cut the fashion fabric. The fabric took me out of my comfort zone, because of the appearance on the right side (liquid silver) , however, it was a knit and it sewed like butterrrrr. Next was the blouse; I did a muslin, there was minor adjustments in the back because of her narrow back and a swayback. I did not do a swayback adjustment in the muslin, instead I did the adjustment on the fashion fabric when I sewed the center back seam (I learned the technique in a class…