Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Christmas Quilt - Update

Work in progress- After working on the quilt last week I realized that I needed to use plain green cotton fabric because the design began to bend into each other. See the pic below.

In the photo below you can see that I added the plain green fabric and it does make a difference.


First Post
When I started this process I was a bit careless about how I cut the hexagons out. As I worked with the hexagons putting them together I realize that it was important to ensure that the hexagons were cut as accurately as possible. The mistake I made was using a white paper hexagon template on top of four layers of white paper, I was unable to see that I was not cutting accurately. I have cut templates out of manila folders, I checked that each hexagon template was the same size. Now it is going together like a puzzle and I can work on individual section and it will all work out.
Lesson Learned- If you can afford to buy laser cut hexagons- buy it!


3 comments:

Sheila said...

WoW.. that is impressive and looking forward to the final quilt.

Lisa H. said...

adysharIncredible! All the work you put into this will pay off,when you lay out the beautiful finish quilt. It is a beauty.

alethia said...

Thank you Sheila and Lisa. Working on this quilt is such a joy.

Holiday Decor