Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from October, 2012

Carnival of skirts

Visit Carnival of skirts to see more

Simplicity 1873 - Cnythia Roeley

I am so please with this pattern. I lowered the waist 2" below my natural waistline. I made a muslin and I felt that the waist was too low so I shortened the waist by 1". I did not make another muslin I just cut into the fabric and as you can see the front waist was too short in the front. I am happy with overall fit of the bodice. I adjusted the front pattern, so on the next one it should improve.  I am not crazy about the flower near my bust, oh well....


The wrinkles in the back was caused by the lining, the lining was sewn to the fabric at the neck and I used bias binding to finish the armhole. I did not like the pattern instructions for the lining. The lining fabric was in my stash, I don't think It was a good choice, but oh it feels so great against my skin
This pattern is definetly my TNT and with each version it will get better.

Simplicity 1873 by Cynthia Rowley

I bought this pattern because the bodice had bust darts and darts that radiated from the waist to the bust. I have lots of problems getting the back bodice to fit due to a swayback combine with a short  upper back and narrow back. I tried several patterns and I always get frustated and walk away. I am here to tell you I have a new attitude, thanks to Sheila.
I made a muslin and the center front and center back lenght was too long. I decreased the lenght and its ok; I will continue to work with this pattern until I get it right.
I did not use the skirt that came with the pattern instead I use M5390 my TNT skirt pattern with a few pleats. S1873 skirt require a bit of pleating and it was too much fabric and pleats for my wide hips
.
Fabric: a medium weight linen. This fabric has been in my collection for a couple of years. I don't lke the flower near my bust.. oh well moving alongggggg.
the pattern instructs you to line the bodice; I underlined and lined the bodice. The instructio…