Skip to main content

Window Treatments vs Lemonade

Sewing new curtains (with lining) for my living room was on my to sew list for the holidays. I choose a sage green fabric embroiderer with pale blue flower and scrolls. I bought the fabric at the fabric warehouse in September during their 50% off everything sale. Total cost of the fabric plus thread was around $30.00. The lining fabric was in my stash.  My ultimate goal is to have a total of 16 panels with four different colors that work well together. Unfortunately the old saying measure twice cut once did not play a part in the first panel that I cut.
As you can in the photo above the panel on the far right has a line that is clearly visible. This is where I accidentally cut the panel in half. I decided to sew it together and kept it moving, unfortunately it is not going to work because the green fabric blends into the wall and it looks blahhhhhhhh. So when you get lemons, you make lemonade. See the pic below.
So there you have it lemonade, and I am loving it. I am going to go back to the fabric warehouse and see if I can more of the green fabric.

Comments

Sheila said…
Beautiful curtains.
Faye Lewis said…
I like your flavor of lemonade!
Andrea said…
I love how accidents turn into real treasures. I love the final outcome of what you did with the curtains. It matches the decor perfectly.
alethia said…
Thank you Sheila, Faye and Andrea.
Ruta said…
Same words! It looks very elegant! How it looks when they are open? B.r.
alethia said…
Ruta, it works great when I open the curtains or window treatments, very easy I go to the center and push the curtains to the right and left.
DawnSSL said…
I love the final outcome! thanks for sharing.
Melodye said…
I absolutely love it! As someone up post said, I like your flavor of lemonade.
alethia said…
Thank you Melody and Dawn, I love my flavor of lemonade

Popular posts from this blog

TNT Blouse and Skirt

Hello, I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday weekend. Below is a skirt and blouse I sewed two weeks ago from my  TNT patterns. Last year I blogged about it here.  I have not worn the ensemble yet, I am waiting for my hubby to be in the mood to take my photos.
Later.....

Done Burda 6727- The Coat

Hello,
The Amazing Coat Sew Along- The Wearable Muslin I started this coat (wearable muslin) last year as part of the Amazing Coat Sew Along. In the end I got sick with the flu and was unable to meet the deadline. The coat was done, all that was left to do was to hem the coat, add snaps and large button. The alterations to the pattern was documented in my previous post about the coat. Thanks to my sewing sister I worked on the coat last weekend and completed it. I had to wait for my new photographer (daughter) because the hobby was fired. I did a forward thrust shoulder adjustment, and I did not rotate the sleeves cap. The folds in the sleeves were a result of not rotating the sleeves cap. the biceps need mores ease.The armholes were lowered, as you can see I need to adjust the armholes a bit more. This is a great pattern,  I will adjust the pattern because I am planning to make another coat in the near future. 
Even though the coat is a test garment (muslin) I am going to wear it until t…

Butterick 6419 and 5941

My DD attended a spring fling event on April 21. The color for the event was blue, anything blue. She asked me to sew a blouse in blue with a large bow at the neck and palazzo’s pant in silver. She Choose Butterick 6419. I started with pant, the fabric was bought at Joann’s for 19.99/yd. Thank heavens for 50% coupon; I bought 3 yds. There is enough left over to make a blouse. I use my TNT pants (Butterick5941) made a muslin, extended the front crotch length and tweak the fit in the hips. I use the muslin as the pattern to cut the fashion fabric. The fabric took me out of my comfort zone, because of the appearance on the right side (liquid silver) , however, it was a knit and it sewed like butterrrrr. Next was the blouse; I did a muslin, there was minor adjustments in the back because of her narrow back and a swayback. I did not do a swayback adjustment in the muslin, instead I did the adjustment on the fashion fabric when I sewed the center back seam (I learned the technique in a class…