Skip to main content

Holiday Decor, DIY and Light Fixture vs Lemonade

Happy Sunday Everyone

I am getting my home ready for the holidays. This year's theme is "Nice, Quiet & Easy". I am taking a breakmy yearly holiday madnesssss. That means that I will only decorate one Xmas instead of 10 xmas tress.
 DIY project  red flowers centerpieces
 1. Five clear vases ( I bought the vases at AC-Moore two years ago using a 50% off coupon on each vase for a total of $7.50 per vase
 2. Flowers from the dollar store: Blood red, 2- Orange red, 2-Red, forr a total of $5.00
 3. Epsom salt- I had on hand
 4. Glitter crystals three bags (AC Moore) $10 per bag - 50% coupon off each bag for a total of $15.00
5. One large bag of cat litter.
Mix the glitter crystal with epsom salts- this gives you the best bang for your money.
Take the empty epsom salt boxes and cut  the top off- making sure it lines up with the rim of the vase
You can also use a 16oz yogurt container. Fill the container with cat litter and inster the flowers into the box of cat litter, arrange the flowers in a pleasing manner.Take the container of flowers and place it into the clear vase, add the crystal glitter epsom salt mix. And here is the final product

 
The last project I am going to share is my chandelier re-do. I sprayed the chandelier silver in 2007 and it was time for a make-over. I sprayed it cooper, once sprayed I did not like it so much so I use glitter blast ( its a spray) to give it some bling. Glitter blast is a bit expensive and I was not too happy with the results. Idecided to add wanted lamp shades,and after going to several stores I found shades prices from  $10.00- $50.00,  I need 10 lampshades. What is a decorator on a budget do? Well I had lampshades that I bought for $0.99 cents about fifteen years ago from the Rag Shop ( closed). After surfing Pininterest I found a great idea. Using scrapbooking paper to cover a small lamp shades and the rest is history. Here it is Lemonade and I love it!
 
 

Comments

Jackie said…
I'd like to paint our dining room chandelier - my husband would rather buy a new one. You had such great results - I might give it a try!
alethia said…
If you really like your chandelier, its worth giving it a makeover.

Popular posts from this blog

TNT Blouse and Skirt

Hello, I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday weekend. Below is a skirt and blouse I sewed two weeks ago from my  TNT patterns. Last year I blogged about it here.  I have not worn the ensemble yet, I am waiting for my hubby to be in the mood to take my photos.
Later.....

Done Burda 6727- The Coat

Hello,
The Amazing Coat Sew Along- The Wearable Muslin I started this coat (wearable muslin) last year as part of the Amazing Coat Sew Along. In the end I got sick with the flu and was unable to meet the deadline. The coat was done, all that was left to do was to hem the coat, add snaps and large button. The alterations to the pattern was documented in my previous post about the coat. Thanks to my sewing sister I worked on the coat last weekend and completed it. I had to wait for my new photographer (daughter) because the hobby was fired. I did a forward thrust shoulder adjustment, and I did not rotate the sleeves cap. The folds in the sleeves were a result of not rotating the sleeves cap. the biceps need mores ease.The armholes were lowered, as you can see I need to adjust the armholes a bit more. This is a great pattern,  I will adjust the pattern because I am planning to make another coat in the near future. 
Even though the coat is a test garment (muslin) I am going to wear it until t…

Butterick 6419 and 5941

My DD attended a spring fling event on April 21. The color for the event was blue, anything blue. She asked me to sew a blouse in blue with a large bow at the neck and palazzo’s pant in silver. She Choose Butterick 6419. I started with pant, the fabric was bought at Joann’s for 19.99/yd. Thank heavens for 50% coupon; I bought 3 yds. There is enough left over to make a blouse. I use my TNT pants (Butterick5941) made a muslin, extended the front crotch length and tweak the fit in the hips. I use the muslin as the pattern to cut the fashion fabric. The fabric took me out of my comfort zone, because of the appearance on the right side (liquid silver) , however, it was a knit and it sewed like butterrrrr. Next was the blouse; I did a muslin, there was minor adjustments in the back because of her narrow back and a swayback. I did not do a swayback adjustment in the muslin, instead I did the adjustment on the fashion fabric when I sewed the center back seam (I learned the technique in a class…