Skip to main content
Below is a photo of the crochet skirt. As you can see the stiches are quiet open, so the skirt will need a lining. More pic soon.

I uploaded the photo using Google chrome, I don't understand why the icon to upload a photo from my computer is not available when I use internet explorer?

Comments

gwensews said…
Yeh, without a lining you are sure to draw a lot of attention! That's a pretty skirt. I wonder what color lining you'll use.
Because Blogger works better with Google Chrome...I had to change over to Google Chrome about a year ago or so ago to make Blogger work. No problems at all using Google Chrome.
alethia said…
Hi Gwen- I am using a cotton blend musling very similar in color to the skirt.
alethia said…
Hello Carolyn- I guess I will be using Google chrome to upload my photos
Andrea said…
Sorry to hear about your problems with uploading your pictures. I really like your skirt and a lining is definitely in order due to the holes. I'm fond of using muslin for lining as well, but have you thought about maybe using tricot on this one because of the stretch in the yarn, it may move with the skirt better.
Rosie said…
Love the skirt! Happy New Year! XOXO
Sheila said…
WoW Alethia... you worked that skirt up quickly and it looks great.
alethia said…
Andrea, thanks for the FYI regarding the lining
alethia said…
Thanks Rosie and Sheila, it did go very quickly, and I am loving it. I am thinking of starting another one in black.
toy said…
Pretty skirt. It looks really good
alethia said…
Thank You Toy, It is pretty. LOL!

Popular posts from this blog

TNT Blouse and Skirt

Hello, I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday weekend. Below is a skirt and blouse I sewed two weeks ago from my  TNT patterns. Last year I blogged about it here.  I have not worn the ensemble yet, I am waiting for my hubby to be in the mood to take my photos.
Later.....

Done Burda 6727- The Coat

Hello,
The Amazing Coat Sew Along- The Wearable Muslin I started this coat (wearable muslin) last year as part of the Amazing Coat Sew Along. In the end I got sick with the flu and was unable to meet the deadline. The coat was done, all that was left to do was to hem the coat, add snaps and large button. The alterations to the pattern was documented in my previous post about the coat. Thanks to my sewing sister I worked on the coat last weekend and completed it. I had to wait for my new photographer (daughter) because the hobby was fired. I did a forward thrust shoulder adjustment, and I did not rotate the sleeves cap. The folds in the sleeves were a result of not rotating the sleeves cap. the biceps need mores ease.The armholes were lowered, as you can see I need to adjust the armholes a bit more. This is a great pattern,  I will adjust the pattern because I am planning to make another coat in the near future. 
Even though the coat is a test garment (muslin) I am going to wear it until t…

Butterick 6419 and 5941

My DD attended a spring fling event on April 21. The color for the event was blue, anything blue. She asked me to sew a blouse in blue with a large bow at the neck and palazzo’s pant in silver. She Choose Butterick 6419. I started with pant, the fabric was bought at Joann’s for 19.99/yd. Thank heavens for 50% coupon; I bought 3 yds. There is enough left over to make a blouse. I use my TNT pants (Butterick5941) made a muslin, extended the front crotch length and tweak the fit in the hips. I use the muslin as the pattern to cut the fashion fabric. The fabric took me out of my comfort zone, because of the appearance on the right side (liquid silver) , however, it was a knit and it sewed like butterrrrr. Next was the blouse; I did a muslin, there was minor adjustments in the back because of her narrow back and a swayback. I did not do a swayback adjustment in the muslin, instead I did the adjustment on the fashion fabric when I sewed the center back seam (I learned the technique in a class…