Skip to main content

Crochet Skirt- my first project for 2013

I was watching Hectanooga 1 on the You Tube channel during the holidays and she became one of my favorite to watch. She demonstrated how to crochet a skirt using you hip measurement. It was easy peasy. I started Thursday night and I completed the skirt today.  I did most of the crochet on Thursday and Friday and maybe 2 hours on Saturday and Sunday and one hour today. I am very please with the result. I am going to add a lining and it should be ready before the weekend.  I am having some difficulty uploading a photo of my finished skirt, blogger is not giving me a choice to upload the photo from my computer. Is this something new for blogger?


Enjoy!

Comments

I'm having the same issue with uploading photos. For the time being I am uploading them to my Picasa albums and retreiving them from there.
MAD14kt said…
Thanks for sharing this. I have not crochet in years :(
Lisa H. said…
Can't wait to see your new skirt. I had a problem loading picture on blogger once and I had to update my version of Mozilla Firefox. After that everything went smoothly.
alethia said…
Thank you Rachelle for commenting. I don't have a Picasa album.
alethia said…
MAD14kt- I hope the video gives your crochet mojo a jump start.
alethia said…
Thank you Lisa I will update the firewall on my computer. Now if I can only get my backup sewing machine to cooperate

Popular posts from this blog

TNT Blouse and Skirt

Hello, I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday weekend. Below is a skirt and blouse I sewed two weeks ago from my  TNT patterns. Last year I blogged about it here.  I have not worn the ensemble yet, I am waiting for my hubby to be in the mood to take my photos.
Later.....

Done Burda 6727- The Coat

Hello,
The Amazing Coat Sew Along- The Wearable Muslin I started this coat (wearable muslin) last year as part of the Amazing Coat Sew Along. In the end I got sick with the flu and was unable to meet the deadline. The coat was done, all that was left to do was to hem the coat, add snaps and large button. The alterations to the pattern was documented in my previous post about the coat. Thanks to my sewing sister I worked on the coat last weekend and completed it. I had to wait for my new photographer (daughter) because the hobby was fired. I did a forward thrust shoulder adjustment, and I did not rotate the sleeves cap. The folds in the sleeves were a result of not rotating the sleeves cap. the biceps need mores ease.The armholes were lowered, as you can see I need to adjust the armholes a bit more. This is a great pattern,  I will adjust the pattern because I am planning to make another coat in the near future. 
Even though the coat is a test garment (muslin) I am going to wear it until t…

Butterick 6419 and 5941

My DD attended a spring fling event on April 21. The color for the event was blue, anything blue. She asked me to sew a blouse in blue with a large bow at the neck and palazzo’s pant in silver. She Choose Butterick 6419. I started with pant, the fabric was bought at Joann’s for 19.99/yd. Thank heavens for 50% coupon; I bought 3 yds. There is enough left over to make a blouse. I use my TNT pants (Butterick5941) made a muslin, extended the front crotch length and tweak the fit in the hips. I use the muslin as the pattern to cut the fashion fabric. The fabric took me out of my comfort zone, because of the appearance on the right side (liquid silver) , however, it was a knit and it sewed like butterrrrr. Next was the blouse; I did a muslin, there was minor adjustments in the back because of her narrow back and a swayback. I did not do a swayback adjustment in the muslin, instead I did the adjustment on the fashion fabric when I sewed the center back seam (I learned the technique in a class…