Happy New Year- 2012 Review and 2013 Goals and Hope
2012 was a great year for me
On the sewing front:
1- Jacket- did not post
3 maxi skirts
5 pencil skirts
Completed one scrap quilt and started a Xmas quilts
A song of Ice and Fire ( Game of Thrones, A Feast of Crows, A Storm of Swords, Clash of Kings, A Dancd With Dragons) by Goerge R. R. Martin
Sugar Hill Camp by Jennifer Chiaverini
Sewed window treatments for the living room and the kitchen
I tried cleainig tip from Pinterest
My son graduated from high school and started college- It was a tough time for me. I've adjusted well, he is home for the holidays and will be going back to college the in three weeks.
My daughter starter blogging http://withloveskejewelry.blogspot.com
I spent time quality time with friends and family
I met with the sewing divas for a wonderful weekend of friendship, shopping and exchanging ideas.
Last, I will like to give a big thanks to
1. Amelik in the Nertherlands, we exchange patterns with each other, a wonderful person
2. Sheila- an inspiration, thank you for your encouragement
3. Rosie- great person
4 And everyone who takes the time to blog, post tutorials and share part of your life sewing and other wise.
- Spend more time with family and friends
- Organization- Home and Sewing Cave
- Sew from my stash exclusively. It's no secret that I have a lot of fabric. My stash goes back to the 1970's. I'm going to check fabrics in my stash first before I purchase new fabrics. It does not mean I won't buy fabrics, It means that I have a grip on my buying habits and the sewing laboratory is bursting at the seam.
- Sew garments that will complement what I have in my wardrobe.
- Do more planned sewing, the rules for this year's contest at Stitchers Guild are very relaxed. Create an eleven-piece wardrobe consisting of two five-piece coordinated capsules linked by the eleventh garment. I will not be joining Stitchers Guild sew along, however I will be using their formula to add to my existing wardrobe using my TNT patterns
- Sew more dresses using my TNT Cynthia Rawley S1878 dress pattern
- Create a TNT pants pattern
- Create a basic TNT jacket pattern
- Include more knits in my wardrobe
- More Home Dec projects