Skip to main content

Parade of Skirts- First Projects of 2014


My sewing mojo took a vacation without my consent and now it has decided that it’s time to come back home. I don’t have sewing plans or resolution for 2014. Instead I have one simple goal: take it easy, enjoy, sew slowly and consistently. My first project for 2014 were two lined navy blue Ponte knit skirts with an elastic waist. The fabrics were purchase last summer (2013) on one of my shopping/luncheon all about sewing and friendship adventures with my sewing buddies. A total of 6 pieces of Ponte knits (two of each, black, navy and caramel) were purchased. At the time of purchase I knew that I was in desperate need of skirts in basic colors to add to my work wardrobe. I made two navy blue Ponte knit skirts this weekend. Here I am wearing the one of the navy blue skirt. Next, I will work on the caramel color and it should be assemble line sewing. In the next post I will do a review of the pattern I drafted. Later.

Below is a view of the wrong side of the skirt

Comments

Sheila said…
Skirts are perfect wardrobe essentials.. cute outfit.
alethia said…
Yes, for my wardrobe skirts must have a strong presence.
Rosie said…
I love the colors on you. Glad to see that your sewing mojo is back.

Are you planning on cropping the photo? Stop laughing at me.
alethia said…
Thank you Rosie. Cropping my photos "absolutely not" LOL.
Ruta said…
I`m glad that You are back with sewing mojo. The skirts look nice!
When You have time, send me an e-mail.
B.r.,

Popular posts from this blog

TNT Blouse and Skirt

Hello, I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday weekend. Below is a skirt and blouse I sewed two weeks ago from my  TNT patterns. Last year I blogged about it here.  I have not worn the ensemble yet, I am waiting for my hubby to be in the mood to take my photos.
Later.....

Done Burda 6727- The Coat

Hello,
The Amazing Coat Sew Along- The Wearable Muslin I started this coat (wearable muslin) last year as part of the Amazing Coat Sew Along. In the end I got sick with the flu and was unable to meet the deadline. The coat was done, all that was left to do was to hem the coat, add snaps and large button. The alterations to the pattern was documented in my previous post about the coat. Thanks to my sewing sister I worked on the coat last weekend and completed it. I had to wait for my new photographer (daughter) because the hobby was fired. I did a forward thrust shoulder adjustment, and I did not rotate the sleeves cap. The folds in the sleeves were a result of not rotating the sleeves cap. the biceps need mores ease.The armholes were lowered, as you can see I need to adjust the armholes a bit more. This is a great pattern,  I will adjust the pattern because I am planning to make another coat in the near future. 
Even though the coat is a test garment (muslin) I am going to wear it until t…

Butterick 6419 and 5941

My DD attended a spring fling event on April 21. The color for the event was blue, anything blue. She asked me to sew a blouse in blue with a large bow at the neck and palazzo’s pant in silver. She Choose Butterick 6419. I started with pant, the fabric was bought at Joann’s for 19.99/yd. Thank heavens for 50% coupon; I bought 3 yds. There is enough left over to make a blouse. I use my TNT pants (Butterick5941) made a muslin, extended the front crotch length and tweak the fit in the hips. I use the muslin as the pattern to cut the fashion fabric. The fabric took me out of my comfort zone, because of the appearance on the right side (liquid silver) , however, it was a knit and it sewed like butterrrrr. Next was the blouse; I did a muslin, there was minor adjustments in the back because of her narrow back and a swayback. I did not do a swayback adjustment in the muslin, instead I did the adjustment on the fashion fabric when I sewed the center back seam (I learned the technique in a class…