Skip to main content

Parade of Skirts- January Recap

January was a productive sewing month; I sewed seven skirts over three weekends: 2- navy blue, 1- camel color, 1- camel & black, 2- black and 1- black & white hound tooth.
The photo on the left; I am wearing the houndtooth skirt. Can I tell you how much I love this skirt. This is how I will wear it on casual Fridays at work.
The photo to the right is an example of how I will wear the same skirt on date night; depending on where hubby and I are going I can wear fabulous gladiator shoes or strappy sandals and up my make-up game.









 Here I'm  showcasing the black skirt. In both photos I am wearing a blouse that has been in my closet for a long time. I love this look because I can wear it to work and add a jacket on the days when my job duty requires me to go to court or I have to meet with representatives from X, Y or Z company or corporation.
I will say my work environment is relax ( when you are not dealing with the public) casual business to conservative ( dealing with the public or going to court).








Below are photos of the seven skirts. Yes, January was a productive month.


Comments

You had a great month! Seven new skirts is seven new work outfits...fantastic!
alethia said…
Thank you Carolyn, you also had a productive January
Rosie said…
Looking great Alethia!! You are burning up the machine :-)!
Sheila said…
You were super productive and those skirts are versatile.. seven skirt many outfits.

Popular posts from this blog

TNT Blouse and Skirt

Hello, I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday weekend. Below is a skirt and blouse I sewed two weeks ago from my  TNT patterns. Last year I blogged about it here.  I have not worn the ensemble yet, I am waiting for my hubby to be in the mood to take my photos.
Later.....

Done Burda 6727- The Coat

Hello,
The Amazing Coat Sew Along- The Wearable Muslin I started this coat (wearable muslin) last year as part of the Amazing Coat Sew Along. In the end I got sick with the flu and was unable to meet the deadline. The coat was done, all that was left to do was to hem the coat, add snaps and large button. The alterations to the pattern was documented in my previous post about the coat. Thanks to my sewing sister I worked on the coat last weekend and completed it. I had to wait for my new photographer (daughter) because the hobby was fired. I did a forward thrust shoulder adjustment, and I did not rotate the sleeves cap. The folds in the sleeves were a result of not rotating the sleeves cap. the biceps need mores ease.The armholes were lowered, as you can see I need to adjust the armholes a bit more. This is a great pattern,  I will adjust the pattern because I am planning to make another coat in the near future. 
Even though the coat is a test garment (muslin) I am going to wear it until t…

Butterick 6419 and 5941

My DD attended a spring fling event on April 21. The color for the event was blue, anything blue. She asked me to sew a blouse in blue with a large bow at the neck and palazzo’s pant in silver. She Choose Butterick 6419. I started with pant, the fabric was bought at Joann’s for 19.99/yd. Thank heavens for 50% coupon; I bought 3 yds. There is enough left over to make a blouse. I use my TNT pants (Butterick5941) made a muslin, extended the front crotch length and tweak the fit in the hips. I use the muslin as the pattern to cut the fashion fabric. The fabric took me out of my comfort zone, because of the appearance on the right side (liquid silver) , however, it was a knit and it sewed like butterrrrr. Next was the blouse; I did a muslin, there was minor adjustments in the back because of her narrow back and a swayback. I did not do a swayback adjustment in the muslin, instead I did the adjustment on the fashion fabric when I sewed the center back seam (I learned the technique in a class…