Skip to main content

My first Project for 2015

Hello

This is my first project for 2015
 .
My last crochet project was the crochet along that  Sheila and I did in 2013. I crocheted three skirts and as I worked on the fourth skirt I developed a severe allergy to the acrylic yarn. Sadly I gave the skirts away. Recently Sheila has been on a crochet extravaganza and I desire to crochet began to take hold. So I went to the craft store and I found cotton thread with 15% polyester. My first attempt to knit a hat was not successful because I choose the wrong thread for the pattern. This was my second attempt. I love it especially since I have a better understanding of what the thread can do.  The pattern is from one of my favorite You tuber Hectanooga1.  I choose orange because my coat is black and I wanted to add a pop of color and what better way to achieve that.
 
 

Comments

Carolyn said…
What a cheerful hat! I'm sure it's going to look lovely with your black coat. :)
alethia said…
Thank you Carolyn, I am working on a second hat.
toy said…
so this is what you are up too, beautiful
alethia said…
Yes, mam and I am loving it. Thank you Toy.

Popular posts from this blog

TNT Blouse and Skirt

Hello, I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday weekend. Below is a skirt and blouse I sewed two weeks ago from my  TNT patterns. Last year I blogged about it here.  I have not worn the ensemble yet, I am waiting for my hubby to be in the mood to take my photos.
Later.....

Done Burda 6727- The Coat

Hello,
The Amazing Coat Sew Along- The Wearable Muslin I started this coat (wearable muslin) last year as part of the Amazing Coat Sew Along. In the end I got sick with the flu and was unable to meet the deadline. The coat was done, all that was left to do was to hem the coat, add snaps and large button. The alterations to the pattern was documented in my previous post about the coat. Thanks to my sewing sister I worked on the coat last weekend and completed it. I had to wait for my new photographer (daughter) because the hobby was fired. I did a forward thrust shoulder adjustment, and I did not rotate the sleeves cap. The folds in the sleeves were a result of not rotating the sleeves cap. the biceps need mores ease.The armholes were lowered, as you can see I need to adjust the armholes a bit more. This is a great pattern,  I will adjust the pattern because I am planning to make another coat in the near future. 
Even though the coat is a test garment (muslin) I am going to wear it until t…

Butterick 6419 and 5941

My DD attended a spring fling event on April 21. The color for the event was blue, anything blue. She asked me to sew a blouse in blue with a large bow at the neck and palazzo’s pant in silver. She Choose Butterick 6419. I started with pant, the fabric was bought at Joann’s for 19.99/yd. Thank heavens for 50% coupon; I bought 3 yds. There is enough left over to make a blouse. I use my TNT pants (Butterick5941) made a muslin, extended the front crotch length and tweak the fit in the hips. I use the muslin as the pattern to cut the fashion fabric. The fabric took me out of my comfort zone, because of the appearance on the right side (liquid silver) , however, it was a knit and it sewed like butterrrrr. Next was the blouse; I did a muslin, there was minor adjustments in the back because of her narrow back and a swayback. I did not do a swayback adjustment in the muslin, instead I did the adjustment on the fashion fabric when I sewed the center back seam (I learned the technique in a class…