Skip to main content


Showing posts from 2017

TNT-Butterick 5941- Take II

This is the second version of B-5941. I wrote a post here concerning this B-5941; this is my second version. I wore the pants with the top to work and it was comfortable to work, easy to get on and off. After a 13-hour day the pants was tooo big in the hip, so I will remove a total of 2-inches from the side seam. Fabric: the fabric was a two-way stretch that was in my stash. Construction details can be read in my previous post here. Alterations: 1.2-inches total will be removed from the hip tapering to nothing at the knee. 2.½ will be remove from the crotch depth 3.I will create two copies of the pattern; one for a 4-way stretch fabric, and a second for a 2-way stretch fabric. This may seem like too much work, however, for me and the way my brain function it's perfect.

Butterick 6419 and 5941

My DD attended a spring fling event on April 21. The color for the event was blue, anything blue. She asked me to sew a blouse in blue with a large bow at the neck and palazzo’s pant in silver. She Choose Butterick 6419. I started with pant, the fabric was bought at Joann’s for 19.99/yd. Thank heavens for 50% coupon; I bought 3 yds. There is enough left over to make a blouse. I use my TNT pants (Butterick5941) made a muslin, extended the front crotch length and tweak the fit in the hips. I use the muslin as the pattern to cut the fashion fabric. The fabric took me out of my comfort zone, because of the appearance on the right side (liquid silver) , however, it was a knit and it sewed like butterrrrr. Next was the blouse; I did a muslin, there was minor adjustments in the back because of her narrow back and a swayback. I did not do a swayback adjustment in the muslin, instead I did the adjustment on the fashion fabric when I sewed the center back seam (I learned the technique in a class…

Butterick 5941-TNT

Hello All, This pant was sewn the beginning of March and I posted it on my Facebook page. I sewed the muslin in 2013 and put it away, I don't remember the exact reason why I walked away from it. Anyway, I joined Build Your Wardrobe 2017 Sew A Long and the first garment to sew was a fly front pant. Lucky, for me I had the pattern. However, I remembered that I had a muslin done for Butterick 5941 and I decided to use the muslin as a starting point. I tried the muslin on was satisfied and I use the muslin to cut the fashion fabric. During the construction of the pant I decided not to bother with the fly front zipper because it was not my preferred style of pant. The fabric was a 4-way stretch and I finished the waist with a yoga style waist band. I wore it to work an realize the front crutch was too long. 1-inch was removed from the center front tapering to nothing at the side seam and I made a second pants post alteration. Pics coming soon!

Hello & Happy Spring

Hello Friends,
It has been a few months since my last post. Today is a beautiful day and spring is in the air. Since my last post I made a pair of pant and I was happy with the fit. I need to make a few minor adjustment before I sew another pair. I will post about it as soon I am finish working on my next pair of pants.