One of the most important steps when sewing with a new pattern is to take the pattern measurements to determine the actual measurements and ease.
Did I do that? Nooooo I did not.
I looked at the measurements on the pattern, then I measure the pattern and decided that the pattern was too small.
I don’t know what I was thinking or what kind of measurements I took.
I added 1.5 inches to the side seams, 1-inch seam allowance to the center back, and 5/8-inch to hem and lowered the bust point by 0.5 inches.
I made a muslin and disaster. See below.
I did not take photos of the front; the bust dart was 1-inch lower that my actual bust point and it was too big. The shoulder seams on the back and front pattern was too long.
I removed all the seam allowances that was added and sewed at 5/8 seam allowance. Below is a photo of the change.
Below is a photo of the change.
I did a ½-inch swayback adjustment and resewed the blouse at ½-inch allowance.
Here is the result. My version is too long. I am going to cut 1.5-2 inches from the lower edge because there is 2 -inch band that I need to attach to the lower hem.
To be continued!